Youth & Young Adults Pastor
Closing date for applications:
2 February 2017
Summary of Role
Hughes Baptist Church in Canberra, seeks a new Youth & Young Adults Pastor. We aspire to be a dynamic, Christ-centred church that engages our community with the hope of the gospel. The Youth Pastor will have responsibility for leading the youth and young adults’ ministry, engaging and developing youth and young adults as disciples of Jesus.
We are looking for a Youth Pastor:
- With a strong commitment to the centrality of Christ and the Bible in the life of the church;
- Who feels God’s call to youth and young adults’ ministry;
- Who is gifted in the teaching, leadership and pastoral care of youth;
- In whom the fruit of the Spirit is evident and who has a heart for young people;
- Is proactive in communicating with church leadership, fellow leaders, parents and youth;
- Has completed [or is close to and willing to complete] a qualification in a recognized evangelical theological institution or Bible College;
- Comes to us recommended by their current or recent Pastor;
- Is committed to and able to apply the regulatory environment required of a Safe Church;
- Is able to work independently and collaboratively to achieve the broader vision of HBC through its Youth ministry.
We are an established, multi-generational and culturally diverse church and are actively supporting both local and international ministries. We have a history of strong youth and young adult programmes, including an affiliated Boys’ Brigade and Girls’ Brigade and Sunday Education programme. See our website at www.hughesbaptist.org/.